Friday, 9 November 2012

Father Christmas and Another Year Has Gone By!

Christmas day is getting closer with each sleep! Can you believe we are in November? I can't! I know I have mentioned it in previous posts, but where has the year gone? When you think about it, time is time and it can only pass at the same rate, but perhaps as we get older our perception of the rate time passes changes. Anyway because its July in my head, I have struggled this year with getting into the preparation phase for Christmas (and usually I am well into it by now)! Luckily the Nutpatch Chocolatiers have not suffered from this same delusion and are well into the swing of making handmade goods for Christmas. On the other hand I have just managed to soak my kilograms of dried fruit in brandy and honey, in order to make my traditional Christmas cakes! Last year I was slightly ambitious and made six times the recipe, which makes 13 cakes of various sizes! This year I have settled for a four times the recipe, and well we will just have to see how that works out! But tradition is tradition and so it must go on!

This Christmas is our second year in our beautiful chocolate shop! Yes we are soon to be days away from our 1 year anniversary! We have so much more in store this year for your enjoyment. Today I would like to share with you Father Christmas. Anyone who came in to the shop at Easter would have noticed Giant Easter Bunny and well Santa is of a similar size! He has already been rather popular with many orders placed for this wonder work of art! Made in milk, dark or white chocolate Santa is sure to satisfy most chocolate lovers! He is made to order, so if you think you might like one on your Christmas table this year, then drop in to the Nutpatch shop and place your order sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment!






No comments:

Post a Comment